NOT ANOTHER GET-RICH-QUICK GUIDE

eBay tips and honest insight for selling on eBay from a 6 year eBay Power Seller.

Wanderlust Bargains eBay Store

Thursday, December 3, 2009

SHIPPING SUPPLIES

The USPS offers free shipping supplies for items shipped Priority or Express Mail. You can order these at usps.com. I only get an order to ship Express about once a year. Therefore, I pick up the supplies at the post office when needed.

A basic starter kit to order for priority mail.
Flat Rate Envelopes
Paper style Envelopes - for items not requiring a box
Medium Flat Rate Boxes - this size box fits most items
Shoes boxes - a great size box for shipping many items.

For smaller, lower-priced items you might find buyers are not willing to pay for Priority shipping rates. I purchase poly-bags for 1st Class shipping. You can buy them in bulk on eBay and save substantially over purchasing them at an office supply store.
Starter Kit: 2 sizes: approximately 6x9 and 10x13
I usually buy 100 each from the same seller to reduce the per item shipping charges.

Another option is the bubble manila envelopes. I have had bad luck with these. The seams tend to split. Plus, they have a higher per item cost and most items do not require bubble protection.

Bubble Wrap: I try to buy it by the large roll. I have found the shipping charges make purchasing this item at an office supply store the better deal. I try to find it on clearance after the holidays and stock up.

Boxes: most items that require a box can be shipped in the free priority mail boxes. The shipping for the 1-2 lb. rate is very similiar using Priority or Parcel. You will likely only need a few other boxes to start. Boxes can be pricey. I recycle ones I get from items I buy and if I am running low I ask my friends to save them for awhile. The boxes that electronic items are shipped in are a very good quality. I do ask my friends to save all of these. Just pick them up promptly or they might not want to continue saving them for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment